If you’ve never planted garlic before, now is the time to give it a try. Garlic is a bulb that is planted in the fall and harvested the following summer. The steps are pretty simple:
- Acquire some garlic. Mine came from the garlic festival in Saugerties, NY. You can also find it at your local home and garden store or you can order it online.
- Separate the bulbs into cloves.
- Plant 2″-3″ apart in rows that are about 12″ apart.
- Label your rows (both ends).
- Wait for winter to come and go . . . harvest next summer
You can find tips on how to harvest your garlic here.
Just testing the comment form.
I just followed you here from Simple Mom after reading your tip on having impromptu drinks and food for unexpected guests so I thought I’d say hi!
So glad you stopped by. Welcome!
[…] love growing garlic. It’s just so easy. I’ve posted how to grow it here and here. So I figured I should probably let you know when you should harvest your garlic. Garlic […]