I’m always on the lookout for brunch dishes that can be made ahead of time. My sister-in-law, Kelly, gave me this recipe for Overnight Apple Caramel French Toast and everyone loved it. It’s not too sweet and it doesn’t take long to put together.
Below the photos is the complete recipe if you’d like to print it out.
Do you have a make-ahead brunch recipe that you’d like to share? If so, leave a link in the comments below.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6-8 large slices of Tuscan bread or 12-14 slices white bread
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan. Heat until melted.
- Add water, apples and cinnamon. Cook until the apples are soft and the sauce is foamy.
- Pour into a 9x15 pan and let cool.
- Completely cover with bread slices.
- Combine eggs, milk and vanilla well. Pour over the bread, making sure to cover well.
- Cover pan with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350F.