I love breakfast food. Going out for breakfast or brunch is one of my favorite things to do.
This time of year there are lots of reasons to get together for brunch – Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, families getting together for graduations and weddings . . . the list goes on.
If you decide to host a brunch, this recipe just might be what you’re looking for. It’s a family favorite. My mother-in-law always makes it for us when we visit. She got the recipe from her friend Norma. It’s perfect because you make it the night before and just bake it in the morning.
Serve it with a fruit salad, muffins or bagels and you’re all set. Enjoy!
- Norma’s Breakfast Souffle
- 1 ½ lbs. Pork breakfast sausage
- 9 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 C. Milk
- 1 ½ tsp. Dry mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Slices of bread, cut into ¼” cubes
- 1 ½ C. grated Cheddar cheese
- Brown crumbled sausage, drain.
- Mix eggs, milk, mustard and salt.
- Stir in bread, sausage and cheese.
- Pour into 9"x13"x2" pan.
- Refrigerate, covered overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 1 hour.